Onions are consumed all around the world as they add great flavor to food, but recent studies have shown that onions are more miraculous than they seem. Onion juice prepared by fresh onions helps with hair fall and acne, while the juice also contains several nutrients, vitamins. Onion juice is also used to treat diabetes, heart disease and to reduce inflammation. Here are 5 amazing benefits of onion juice:
- Onion juice has a very good proportion of sulfur which helps with hair growth, in a study it was found that onion juice can help with Alopecia areata. Onion juice improves hair growth and reduces hair fall. It also prevents scalp infections and makes your hair shiny.
- Onion juice also helps reduce acne and acne scars, because of its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. It also reduces inflammation of the skin.
- Onion juice also has anti-aging properties, which reduces the appearance of wrinkles. It also help in the formation of collagen which makes the skin more firm.
- Quercetin, anthocyanins, and organosulfur are some of the anticancer compounds found in onion juice. Research has shown that stronger the flavor of onion, higher is its anticancer properties.
- Quercetin present in onion juice also helps reduce inflammation, quercetin inhibits leukotrienes, prostaglandins, and histamines – all of which are responsible for inflammation in the body. Consumption of onion juice reduces inflammation and also prevents bone disorders caused by inflammation.