Everyone loves to start their morning with a refreshing start, where you feel good. But bloating of stomach can easily drive a wrench in your refreshing mood. Bloating of stomach is usually a temporary process caused by overeating, not chewing food properly and eating too quickly. Sometimes, even though you’ve not eaten excessively your stomach start to bloat, the reason is wrong food. Some food can bloat your stomach up and the should be avoided at all cost during mornings. Here are 5 foods that one must stay away to keep stomach bloating at bay:
1. Garlic: Garlic is rich in prebiotics, or Fermentable Oligosaccharides, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides, and Polyols. It contains long chains of sugar that aren’t completely digested, which eventually produces gas and cause bloating.
2. Gluten: There are a lot of people who stay away from gluten and they have a good reason. Gluten is found in wheat, barley, rye and people with Celiac disease can’t properly digest it, which causes them bloating.
3. Salt: Over consuming salt causes your stomach to retain more water, which in turn feels heavy and bloated. Salt causes delay in the expulsion of water from cells which causes bloating.
4. Carbonated Drinks: Carbonated drinks causes you to burp, because they increase the amount of carbon dioxide in your body. But if you’re not able to burp it out somehow, it leads to bloating and uneasiness.
5. Certain vegetables and Legumes: Certain cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage broccoli are full of ‘raffinose’ a kind of sugar and a prebiotic, which isn’t properly digested by us and thus causes bloating sometimes. Legumes too contain sugar and fiber that aren’t easily absorbed by the body, thus causing bloating.