Have you ever tried to squeeze out a blackhead, only to find more blackheads and sore skin there later. Blackheads form when our pores get clogged with dead skin cells and sebum which later, on contact with air get oxidized and turn black. People usually squeeze out blackheads, but if they are too numerous, this process can become quite cumbersome. Moreover, this irritates the skin which can cause pimples. Excessive blackheads can also be triggered by cosmetics that block pores, excessive skin cell production, hormonal change, pregnancy, shaving, etc. Blackheads aren’t infected like pimples, and appear more at the areas with sebaceous glands. Here are 5 home remedies that helps treat blackheads:
1. Tea Tree Oil: Mixing tea tree oil with a carrier oil, and lighting dabbing it on blackheads dissolves them. Tea Tree Oil is also antiseptic, and have anti-comedigenic properties too.
2. Lemon Juice: A mixture of lemon juice mixed with honey, is a great remedy for blackheads. Lemon juice provides vitamin C while honey moisturizes and have antibacterial properties too. The sticky nature of honey also cleans dead skin cells away.
3. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is rich in zinc, which is potent antimicrobial agent. It also moisturizes skin, zinc also tightness the pores. Applying aloe vera gel at night before sleeping helps with blackhead removal.
4. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is naturally rich in lauric acid, which prevents formation of acne. It also hydrates skin and removes dead skin cells away. Apply coconut oil at night and massage gently for 3-5 minutes.
5. Turmeric: Turmeric is rich in curcumin, a bioactive compound that is antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory. Turmeric also imparts golden glow to your skin. Mixing turmeric powder with water nad and applying it on the face, helps remove blackheads.