Sleeping properly is a quintessential for good health. A duration of 6-8 hours of sleep is vital for the proper functioning of the brain and the body. Proper sleep schedule and not using too much mobile devices before sleeping are shown to improve sleep quality. But if you still suffer from irritable sleep, plants can come to your rescue. Several research have also proven that plants improve sleep quality and improve our mood, keeping plants near your bedside table can definitely improve your emotional health , improve air quality and add more aesthetics. Here are 5 plants that help you sleep better:
1. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera now is probably the most used plant to help in various health ailments but only few are aware that aloe also improves air quality. At night unlike other plants, aloe release oxygen which improves the air quality of the room.
2. Jasmine plant: Keeping a jasmine plant near your bedroom window will do wonder and will give you natural aromatherapy, as jasmine flowers bloom at nighttime and release an ethereal fragrance all around.
3. Bamboo: Bamboo is kept for good luck in many houses, but it also is a great air purifier. Bamboo effectively absorbs formaldehyde from the air and makes it more pure. Moreover bamboo can easily grow in low light conditions. More fresh air improves sleep quality.
4. Golden Pathos: Grown commonly in many households for its attractive appeal, pathos is also a very good air purifier just like bamboo. Pathos also effectively absorbs formaldehyde from indoor air and improves air quality which in turn improves your sleep.
5. Lavender: Lavender have a beautiful sweet aroma that helps improves mood and sleep quality. It also helps calm your nerves and reduce stress, though growing lavender inside is a bit tricky than the rest of the plants mentioned above.