Fruits are a great source of essential minerals and vitamins. Without them we can’t have a proper diet and will start to severely lack in many vitamins and minerals. But interestingly certain fruits have health benefits in their peels too. Orange peels are dried and then are widely used to make facial scrubs, but a lot people are oblivious to the amazing benefits banana peels provide. Bananas are themselves a great source of vitamins B6, B12, magnesium and potassium, while the starch content is the highest in raw banana and as the banana ripens the sugar content starts to rise. So next time before you throw away your banana peels, think twice. Here are 5 benefits of banana peel:
1. People opt for so many costly teeth whitening procedures but rubbing banana peel on teeth everyday can slowly start to whiten them. A natural and effective remedy for yellow teeth.
2. Another benefit of banana peels is their ability to remove warts from the skin, simply rubbing banana peel onto the wart can quickly eliminate them.
3. People suffering from pimples also find great benefits in banana peels. After washing your face, massage your face with a banana peel which not only improve your complexion but also reduce pimples.
4. One of the lesser known benefits of banana peels is the ability to heal psoriasis. Psoriasis is a skin disorder where skin is red and itchy. Gently rubbing a banana peel over the affected spot reduces troubling symptoms of psoriasis.
5. Banana peels can also be directed used to polish silverwares, shoes and leather purses. It gives them a beautiful shine instantly.