Most of us start our day by drinking a cup of tea or coffee, it has become a sort of ritual for now. Without drinking tea or coffee first thing in the morning we don’t feel refreshed, but research suggests that instead of taking tea or coffee the first thing in the morning, you should drink a glass of water first. While this may feel not effective at first eventually you’ll see the greater benefits a glass of water provides than a cup of tea or coffee in the morning. Here are 5 reasons why you must drink a glass of water first thing in the morning:
1. Our body gets instantly hydrated, after a long night of sleep. Our body’s water level falls down till morning and a glass of water helps hydrate and rejuvenate the whole body. Both tea and coffee contain caffeine which is a diuretic, which means they increase the production of urine thus causing more dehydration.
2. Tea and coffee both are also acidic in nature and thus causes increase in acidity. Drinking a glass of water which has neutral pH of 7 brings down the acidic environment of the stomach.
3. A glass of water also helps with constipation and helps prevent bloating of stomach too. Too get rid of constipation one must drink lukewarm water.
4. Drinking water in the morning also helps with stress and decreased mental alertness caused due to dehydration.
5. A glass of water first thing in the morning is also a great way to eliminate toxins from the body. It also gives a glow to our face and body.