Laxmi Singh, an IPS officer, has been named the new Noida Police Chief by the Government of Uttar Pradesh, making her the first woman to lead a Police Commissionerate in the state. Alok Singh was replaced in Gautam Buddha Nagar by Laxmi Singh, a 2000-batch officer who will take over on November 30, 2022.
On November 28, the state of Uttar Pradesh’s government released a list of 16 Indian Police Service (IPS) officers who would be transferred and posted. The updated commission rates for Agra, Varanasi, and Prayagraj were also mentioned.
Who is Laxmi Singh?
Laxmi Singh is now the range’s Inspector General of Police in Lucknow. She was named the best probationer at the Hyderabad-based Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy and holds the distinction of being the first woman to top the IPS exams (33rd overall rank).
Rajeshwar Singh, a former ED officer and current member of the BJP representing Lucknow’s Sarojini Nagar Seat, is married to Laxmi Singh.
Laxmi Singh: Awards & Medals
- Laxmi Singh has been awarded the PM’s Silver nation and the home minister’s pistol during her training.
- Laxmi Singh also received Police Medal in 2016, and UP DGP’s Silver and Gold Medals in 2020 and 2021.
- In 2021, she was honored with the UP Chief Minister’s excellence in Service Medal.
Positions held by IPS Officer Laxmi Singh
- She holds a B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering and had her first posting as the Senior Superintendent of Police in 2004.
- In 2013, Laxmi Singh was promoted as Deputy IG and in 2018 she was promoted to the rank of IG.
- Laxmi Singh had previously served as the IG/DIG of the Special Task Force in Gautam Buddha Nagar from January 1, 2018, to March 5, 2018. Thereafter, Singh was made IG of the Police Training School in Meerut from March 2018 to May 26, 2020, from being moved to IG Range Lucknow.
Commissioners of Police in Uttar Pradesh
Seven police commissionerates make up the legislative framework in Uttar Pradesh, which was established in 2020.
The districts of Ghaziabad, Agra, and Prayagraj will each get three new police commissionerates, the government has previously declared. In addition to the four already in place in Gautam Buddha Nagar, Lucknow, Varanasi, and Kanpur, this one was also established.
The Commissionerates in Kanpur and Varanasi were established in March 2021, while those in Gautam Buddha Nagar and Lucknow were established in January 2020 as well.