Mumbai witnesses highest property registrations for January in last 12 years of real estate

Property registrations in Mumbai (area under BMC jurisdiction) saw 10,927 units registered in January 2024, contributing to a revenue of Rs 757 crore (Cr) for the state government according to the data available from the state’s Office of Registrations and Stamps. 

 

As per a recent Knight Frank India report, of the total registered properties, 80% are residential units, and the remaining 20% are non-residential assets. In January 2024, Mumbai witnessed its highest number of property registrations occurring in any January month in 12 years. This substantial growth is attributed to rising income levels, a positive perception of homeownership, and sustained homebuyer confidence. 

 

The Central and Western suburbs consistently hold the top spot as the preferred locations, making up over 75% of registered properties. These areas are popular for new developments, providing modern amenities and excellent connectivity. Notably, 86% of Western suburb residents and 85% of Central suburb residents choose to buy within their respective micro markets, driven by familiarity, product availability, and alignment with pricing and feature preferences.

 

Here is what real estate developers have to say on these robust numbers:

 

Mr. Pritam Chivukula – Vice President, CREDAI-MCHI and Co-Founder & Director, Tridhaatu Realty

“The Mumbai housing market is doing extremely well with new record breaking home sale figures registered. This can be attributed to the fact that people have realized the importance of having a roof over their head. This surge in demand is also due to increase in income levels that have resulted in home buyers’ aspiration levels for an enhanced lifestyle, reaching an all time high. New developing infrastructure has improved connectivity and ease of travel which in turn has created a larger pool of housing options available to a home buyer.”

 

Mr. Himanshu Jain, VP – Sales, Marketing and CRM, Satellite Developers Pvt. Ltd. (SDPL)

“The real estate market in Mumbai has been doing exceptionally well, given growing demand for housing and has seen some healthy home sale figures recently. We are seeing a definite preference by home seekers for suburban areas of the city. This is due to infrastructure upgrades and better connectivity which has resulted in improved ease of living for residents. We are also seeing a larger traction of compact and affordable homes; which have seen a rise in demand here. In addition, the suburbs offer homes that come with attractive pricing options that satisfy the aspirations across a wider spectrum of home buyers.”  

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Infrastructure projects set to power Real Estate growth in Navi Mumbai & Panvel region in 2024
Latest News

Infrastructure projects set to power Real Estate growth in Navi Mumbai & Panvel region in 2024

Navi Mumbai and Panvel is undergoing a major makeover and is all set to become the next Mumbai 3.0. This is being done in order to decongest the island city, improve connectivity, provide more affordable housing, and bring prosperity to people living across the MMR region. In line with this vision, a number of large […]

Read More
Latest Startups Uncategorized

“Government’s Examination of Chinese Investments in Paytm: 5 Key Developments Unfold

The Indian government is currently scrutinizing the foreign direct investment (FDI) from China in Paytm Payments Services Ltd (PPSL), the payment aggregator subsidiary of One97 Communications Ltd. PPSL had initially applied for a license with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in November 2020, but the application was rejected in November 2022. The RBI requested […]

Read More
Latest Politics

Rs.2,500 crore is Allocated to Mahakumbh-2025 in Uttar Pradesh Budget 2024-25

In a landmark move, the Uttar Pradesh Budget-2024-25 has allocated a substantial Rs 2,500 crore for the preparations of the Mahakumbh-2025 in Prayagraj. This significant budgetary provision underscores the government’s commitment to facilitating the grand religious fair, scheduled to span 45 days and culminate with the Mahashivaratri bathing on February 26, 2025. The budget, with […]

Read More