- Vi 4G network now offers faster 4G speeds and better voice clarity, at indoor locations, as a result of deployment of L900 on over 6430 sites and L1800 on over 16450 sites
- Efficient mix of FDD and TDD sites has enabled Vi to enhance network speed and capacity, multi fold.
- Highest spectrum holding in the two states acts as the backbone for superior network experience
- Vi 4G Network serves a population of around 7.91 crore mobile phone users across 36 Districts of Maharashtra & Goa
- Enhanced Voice calling experience for customers on the back of doubling of VoLTE capacity in the two states
- Vi has been consistently rated as the ‘Best Voice Call Experience’ among telecom players in India as per TRAI MyCall data
Leading telecom brand Vi, has enhanced its 4G experience in Maharashtra & Goa enabling its customers get a better network experience and faster speeds. Vi has till now deployed the highly efficient 900MHz spectrum on over 6430 sites as well as 1800 MHz band on over 16450 sites in Maharashtra & Goa, empowering 78 percent population in the two states to enjoy stronger network indoors while they work, study, socialize, access entertainment, ecommerce and other digital services. In addition, Vi Customers in commercial/residential areas of Pune, Nagpur, Nashik, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Solapur, Goa and other important towns are experiencing enhanced voice and data experience even indoors in high population pockets of these cities.
With the addition of over 1900 TDD sites, data capacity has increased to 2.8 times from Mar’19 to Aug’22.Committed to offer the best service experience to its users in Maharashtra & Goa, Vi has undertaken several initiatives:
Vi – The trusted network:
- 122.8 Mhz of spectrum across bands – 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2100 MHz, 2300MHz, 2500 MHz, making it the most robust telecom service provider in Maharashtra & Goa. Vi has the largest 4G spectrum holding of 36.7 percent in the circle
- To ensure better voice clarity and indoor experience, Vi has the highest deployment of 900 MHz band spectrum on 4G in the two states. In addition, Vi is the only telecom network with the 4G capacity band 2500Mhz in the state.
- Doubled VoLTE capacity in the two states. This network initiative enables more Vi customers to make calls using VoLTE and enjoy HD quality crystal clear voice with superfast call connect.
- Vi has also been upgrading all 3G customers to 4G and enhanced 4G capacity by refarming spectrum across all 36 districts in two states.
Rohit Tandon, Cluster Business Head- Maharashtra & Goa, Vodafone Idea, said “I would like to extend an invitation to pre-paid and post-paid mobile phone users in Maharashtra & Goa to enjoy a superior, upgraded 4G experience on the Vi network. We have undertaken multiple initiatives over the past year to widen our 4G coverage in the circle as well as strengthen indoor network coverage across cities. Vi customers can choose from a bouquet of choice plans that allow every member of the family to do more and get more on Vi’s 4G network. As we continue our endeavours toward 5G readiness, we remain committed to bring the best in technology, products and services to enable our customers get ahead in life.”
Innovative Products Launched in Maharashtra & Goa:
Vi caller tunes
Vi users can now Greet callers with their favourite song from 70+ languages and 10+ genres such as romance, bhakti, melody, regional, classical and a lot more. Vi customers can set their choice hello tune and enjoy unlimited song downloads, at a monthly plan of Rs. 49, quarterly plan of Rs. 99, and annual plan of Rs. 249
Wifi in Pocket – Vi MiFi:
We have recently launched – Vi Mi-Fi that can connect 10 devices at a time and can offer up to 150 mbps of data speed. With this new product in the market, Vi customers can enjoy heavy wi-fi speed on the go. Vi MiFi is available at select stores in Pune, Nagpur, Nashik, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Solapur, Goa (names of cities)
Hero Unlimited Plan for Prepaid Customers:
Wiping off worry for data quota exhaustion, Hero Unlimited Plan provides 3 unique benefits: Unlimited High Speed Data from 12am – 6am’, Weekend Data Rollover and Data Delight which unlocks up to 2GB of extra data every month, over & above their daily quota, at no extra cost.In addition, to further strengthen its hero unlimited portfolio, Vi has introduced more daily data unlimited recharge packs of Rs. 299 and above.
Vi has been ramping up its bouquet of differentiated digital offerings to help its users thrive and stay ahead. Vi customers can access extensive library of music across 20 languages on the Vi App via its partnership with Hungama Music. Vi Games on the Vi App offers an immersive gaming experience with 1200+ android and HTML5 based mobile games across 10 popular genres like – Action, Adventure, Arcade, Casual, Education, Fun, Puzzle, Racing, Sports and Strategy. Vi has recently launched Multi Player and Competitive Gaming content under Vi Games. Vi Jobs & Education on the Vi App integrates India’s largest job search platform ‘Apna’, leading English learning platform ‘Enguru’ and ‘Pariksha’ a platform specializing in government employment exam preparation. This initiative offers a one stop solution for youth to search for jobs, improve spoken English skills and excel in Govt. employment exams, empowering them to fulfil their career dreams.
About Vodafone Idea Limited:
Vodafone Idea Limited is an Aditya Birla Group and Vodafone Group partnership. It is India’s leading telecom service provider. The Company provides pan India Voice and Data services across 2G, 3G, 4G and has a 5G ready platform. With the large spectrum portfolio to support the growing demand for data and voice, the company is committed to deliver delightful customer experiences and contribute towards creating a truly ‘Digital India’ by enabling millions of citizens to connect and build a better tomorrow. The Company is developing infrastructure to introduce newer and smarter technologies, making both retail and enterprise customers future ready with innovative offerings, conveniently accessible through an ecosystem of digital channels as well as extensive on-ground presence. The Company is listed on National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) in India.
The company offers products and services to its customers in India under the TM Brand name “Vi”.
For more information, please visit: www.MyVi.in